Achievements during Career :
1. Was selected for EVC 2010 (14th European vascular course, held at The Netherlands) & Attended in February 2010(Only 2 students from India were awarded this travelling fellowship by VSI)
2. Has presented 20 papers & posters in National conferences of VSI
3. Winner of 'The First Rolling Trophy of VSI' - at 4th midterm meet of VSI at Goa 2011 The topic of presentation : Open repair of TAAA is still the Gold standard.
4. Winner of 'Best Poster' award during VSICON 2011
WORKSHOPS & CME ATTENDED :
- Attended the Carotid Endarterectomy workshop during VSICON 2009
- Attended the Ultrasound vein mapping workshop during VSICON 2009
- Attended the Endovascular workshop during EVC at The Netherlands, Feb 2010
- Attended CME on Varicose veins & EVLA at Thrissur, May 2010
- Organized a CMEon The Vascular Day,celebrated at SCTIMST in August 2011
- International workshop on Aortic Aneurysm Repairs (EVAR) - Singapore 2013
- Endovascular couse on challenging lesions - Gheut, Belgium, 2014
- Endovascular conference - Istanbul, Turkey, 2014
- VEITH Symposium, NYC, USA, 2014
Details of Papers & Posters presented at National conferences of VSI Papers :
1. 'Extra Anatomical Renal Bypass :Is it beneficial and durable therapeutic option for Intractable Renovscular Hypertension and Renal Insufficiency?' - VSICON 2009,Hyderabad
2. 'Evidence based drug therapy during and after Endovascular interventions' -2ndMidterm meet on Endovascular strategies - Goa 2009.
3. 'Outcomes of visceral-renal reimplantation during Open Repair of Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm: Recent experiences at Sree Chitra Institute' -VSICON 2010, Chennai
4. 'Aortic Dissections- Basic principles &Management options' - 4th Midterm meet at Goa 2011
5. 'Open repair of TAAA is still the gold standard' - 4th Midterm meet at Goa 2011 &Won the First Prize & Rolling trophy of VSI.
- 'String of Beads or Bunch of Grapes: A case report of Renal artery Fibromuscular Dysplasia' - VSICON 2009.
- A'Recent experiences with Endovascular aortic aneurysm repair at SCT' - VSICON 2009.
- 'Successful exclusion of iatrogenic ilio-iliac arteriovenous fistula using bifurcated endograft' - VSICON 2010 at Chennai
- 'A case of Ruptured Aortic Arch Aneurysm repaired successfully using Hybrid Approach' - VSICON 2011 [ Best Poster Award]
- 'Primary Aorto-Enteric fistula or bleeding peptic ulcer disease ?: A Diagnostic dilemma and lessons learnt' - VSICON 2011
Publications in International journal :
1. 'Type III Aortic dissection in a case of Coarcation of Aorta' - Accepted for publication in JVS as images in vascular surgery (Co-Author).
2. 'String of Beads' or 'Bunch of Grapes': A case report of renal artery Fibromuscular dysplasia' - Accepted for publication in the IJCRI( First Author).
3. 'Case of pre and post-subclavian coarctation of aorta associated with aberrant right subclavian artery and symptomatic aneurysm of the distal aortic arch' - Accepted for publication in the IJCRI (Co-author).
Areas of Interest :
- Research in advanced endovascular interventions
- Thoraco-abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Carotid artery diseases , CEA and CAS
- Use of Laparoscopic surgeries for vascular diseases
-Venous diseases & Interventions
- BTK angioplasties and bypass